The main objectives of the program are to enable and develop sufficient skills for excel-lence in teaching and research. The participants will develop skills related to the planning and preparation of classes for undergraduate and graduate, as well as to teach them with competence, ethics and critical vision. In addition, the egress will also be able to plan and execute research and extension projects, broadening their activities in the community, always considering the scientific, pedagogical and ethical sense. With these initiatives, the Graduate Program in Dentistry trains professionals with a critical way of thinking, ethical and innovative practices, encouraging them to act and interact within the community.
Target Audience: Professionals graduated in Dentistry
Area of concentration: Clinical Dentistry
I – BIOMATERIALS AND CLINICAL APPLICATIONS
Overview: To evaluate the mechanical properties, physical, biological and biochemical behavior of dental materials already available, as well as experimentally synthesized and modified materials, with oral tissues and fluids for the production of innovative scientific knowledge and the feasibility and safety of its clinical Dentistry use.
- Anderson Catelan
- Carolina dos Santos Santinoni
- Douglas Roberto Monteiro
- Eliane Cristina Gava Pizi
- Fabiana Gouveia Straioto
- Graziela Ávila Prado Galhano
- Graziela Garrido Mori Panucci
II – ORAL HEALTH PROMOTION
Overview: To develop studies related to the description, analysis and evaluation of poli-cies, strategies and practices of promotion in oral health and improvement of the quality of life, based on some thematic axes:
- ✓ Dentistry in Health Promotion;
- ✓ Social determinants and oral health;
- ✓ Impact of the oral condition on the quality of life of the Brazilian population;
- ✓ Oral health conditions and treatment needs by life cycle and care lines;
- ✓ Interrelation between general health and oral disease and the importance of multi-disciplinary care.
- Carolina dos Santos Santinoni
- Douglas Roberto Monteiro
- Graziela Garrido Mori Panucci
- Juliane Avansini Marsicano
- Luciana Prado Maia
- Rosana Leal do Prado
FACULTY´S EMAIL AND RÉSUMÉ
Anderson Catelan (email@example.com)
Carolina dos Santos Santinoni (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Douglas Roberto Monteiro (email@example.com)
Eliane Cristina Gava Pizi (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Fabiana Gouveia Straioto (email@example.com)
Graziela Ávila Prado Galhano (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Graziela Garrido Mori Panucci (email@example.com)
Juliane Avansini Marsicano (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Luciana Prado Maia (email@example.com)
Rosana Leal do Prado (firstname.lastname@example.org)
CURRICULAR STRUCTURE AND COURSES
The Graduate Program in Dentistry consists of 96 credits, including: 28 credits obtained in compulsory subjects, 12 credits in elective courses, 52 credits in dissertation activities, and 4 credits in other scientific activities, such as participation in congresses, presentation of scientific papers and publications in periodicals. Each credit equals 15 hours of activi-ty.
|Internship in Teaching||60||4|
|Seminars in Integrated Clinic||60||4|
|Social Determinants of Health and Oral Health Promotion||60||4|
|Methodological Bases for the Practice of Re-search||75||5|
|Physio-chemical and Biological Properties of Dental Materials||60||4|
|Practice in Integrated Dental Clinic||60||4|
|Advanced Topics in Dentistry||30||2|
|Microbiology Applied to Dentistry||30||2|
|Clinical Inferences in the Repair of Bone and Alveolar Tissue||30||2|
|Clinical Trials in Dentistry||45||3|
|Technological Advances in the Integral Care of the Patient||45||3|
GROUPS AND RESEARCH CENTERS
Candidates may submit an application or fill out a prospective form online for further contact from the University.
MAIN RESEARCH PROJECTS
- Evaluation of the bone repair of surgically created critical caliber defects in rat calvaria and treated with bone marrow aspirate (AMO) or platelet-rich plasma derived from bone marrow aspirate (PRPamo). Professor: Carolina dos Santos Santinoni.
- Synthesis of new drug-carrying nanosystems used in oral therapies based on magnetic nanoparticles of iron oxide and chitosan, as well as evaluation of the antibiofilm effect of these nanosystems against the various oral pathogens using microbiological assays for the quantification of biofilms. Professor: Douglas Roberto Monteiro
- Evaluation of composite bulk fill resins of different commercial brands, submitted to restorative techniques related to composite photoactivation. Roughness tests will be used through the Surfcorder SE1700 rugosimeter, color change (digital spectrophotometer) and mechanical tests such as microflexion (Universal Instron Testing Machine). Professor: Eliane Cristina Gava Pizi
- The main dental ceramics used for aesthetic restoration (laminates / onlays / crowns) are lithium disilicate and Zirconia. In cases of fractures of these materials, repair can be per-formed in composite resin and for this purpose it is important the adhesion between these different materials. Studies will be carried out to evaluate methods to obtain a more ef-fective union, reducing the number of clinical steps and will also evaluate experimental ceramics in dentistry obtained by 3D printing. Professor: Graziela Ávila Prado Galhano
- Evaluation of the biological properties of new biomaterials in Endodontics. Use of cell culture, animal tests for the evaluation of biocompatibility and genotoxicity, in addition to an antimicrobial evaluation with planktonic bacteria and biofilms. Professor: Graziela Garrido Mori Panucci
- Longitudinal evaluation of the oral conditions, such as periodontal disease, dental car-ies, tooth wear and salivary flow in bariatric patients, to monitor the effect of dental treatment on the clinical conditions of these patients and to verify the impact of oral health on the quality of life. Professor: Juliane Avansini Marsicano
- Evaluation of the effects of probiotic supplementation (bifidobacterium) on the initia-tion and progression of periodontal disease induced in immunosuppressed rats by chemo-therapy drug (5-fluorouracil) by means of histological, histomorphometric and histohisto-chemical analyzes. Professor: Luciana Prado Maia
- Verification of the efficacy of fluoride use in different presentations, social health de-terminants and behavioral factors related to the presence of dental caries. Professor: Rosana Leal do Prado
- Evaluation and improvement of the physical, chemical, and biological properties of dental materials and operative techniques used in Restorative Dentistry, as well as dental substrates, using laboratory and clinical methods, with the aim to reduce the degradation of adhesive restorations and tooth hard tissues, increasing the longevity of esthetic rehabilitation procedures. Professor: Anderson Catelan
- The aim is to evaluate the effect of the administration of probiotics Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. Lactis to control of experimental candidiasis in rats submitted to chemotherapy. The study will evaluate of morphology, histopathological and microbiological analysis and quantification of inflammatory markers (Iga, IgG and IgM). Professor: Fabiana Gouveia Straioto
POST DOCTORAL POSITIONS
The Graduate Program in Dentistry receives Ph.D. professionals for postdoctoral intern-ships. Applications should include a proposal containing: a pre-research project, a personal statement describing the applicant’s interest in dentistry studies and career goals and a letter of recommendation from the researcher’s primary faculty advisor. The application should also indicate who would be the researcher’s program advisor, who must be a member of the program faculty.
Please submit your application or proposal to the addresses listed in the "CONTACT US" section.
VISITOR INFORMATION AND STUDENT LIFE
Founded in 1972, the University of Western São Paulo – UNOESTE is committed to building character, modeling values, and ensuring that students graduate with not only hands-on experience in their field of study, but also with the necessary life skills to be successful.
Rooted in the major areas of knowledge, UNOESTE is a private comprehensive institu-tion with around 18,000 undergraduate and graduate students. Its mission is to provide educational experiences that enlighten, challenge, and prepare students to lead lives of significance in complex global communities, being recognized for the excellence of its academic programs, the depth of its values-based culture, and the breadth of its inclu-siveness.
The city of Presidente Prudente is located in the Western region of São Paulo State, and is recognized as presenting one of the highest HDI values in Brazil. In this city, every citizen receives extraordinary opportunities for high level education in an inspiring envi-ronment.
Although it is a modern and cosmopolitan city, it still maintains many aspects of a small inner city, where people are welcoming, willing to dialogue and mutual understanding, under excellent levels of public safety. In addition, the city has a recognized high cultural level, with theaters, cinemas, artistic and musical presentations, as well as excellent facili-ties for daily activities, such as an efficient transportation system, and a wide availability of department stores, shopping malls, recreational clubs, gardens and public parks.
Our responsibility is to help prepare students with the knowledge of how to live at the highest of their potential. As a member of our university community, we want you to know that we are committed to making your experience the best it can be.
For more information, please contact:
International Cooperation Office (ICO)
Tel: +55 18 3229-3288
Fax: +55 18 3229-2080
Dean of Research and Graduate Studies
University of Western São Paulo – UNOESTE - Campus II
Rodovia Raposo Tavares, km 572
CEP 19.067-175 Presidente Prudente (SP)